Learning grammar is one of the most difficult things for Korean language learners. On this blog we will try to help you learn Korean grammar in the quickest and easiest way possible. This blog will be helpful for those who are studying Korean language and want to improve their grammar skills.
Today we’ll see the usage of 처럼 with some example sentences.
처럼 is used when the speaker wants to draw the similarity between two things.
It is equivalent to saying " Like " in English.
처럼 Is used with the nouns.
- My hands are cold like ice.
내 손은 얼음처럼 찼다.
- I ate it all as if I hadn't eaten in months.
몃달 안 먹는처럼 다 먹었다
Also check these useful Korean vocabulary resources:
Lets see some examples to understand the usage.
1) She has to be a doctor like me.
그녀도 나처럼 의사가 돼야 해요.
2) She speaks Italian like a native.
그녀는 이탈리아어를 이탈리아 사람처럼[자기 모국어인 것처럼 한다.
3) I don’t wanna work like a dog for the rest of my life.
남은 내 인생 동안 개처럼 일하고 싶지 않아.
4) Here we are as in olden days.
예전처럼 우린 여기 함께 있어요.
5) Let's stay close friends as we did in the past.
우리 예전처럼 친하게 지내자.
6) My body is not the same as before.
예전처럼 몸이 따라주지 않나 보다.
7) It was disgustingly hot and humid, as usual.
날씨는 평소처럼 지겹도록 후텁지근하고 끈끈했다.
8) He was not as good as before.
그는 전처럼 친절하지 않았다.
9) You made me look a complete fool!
넌 나를 완전히 바보처럼 보이게 만들었어!
10) I don't want to look foolish.
바보처럼 보이고 싶지 않다.
To understand TOPIK Test structure, application process, Levels and Passing scores etc. check these pages:
- TOPIK – The Complete Guide & 2. TOPIK Levels and Passing Marks. You can also Practice Online with TOPIK GUIDE Mock Tests.
If you are going to take the TOPIK Test for the first time, or if you want to give your score a boost so that you can pass a higher level, we would strongly advise you to get the Complete Guide to TOPIK – Self-Study Package. It is a digital study package that has everything you need to get a great score in the TOPIK test – all the past TOPIK papers with answer sheets, grammar and vocabulary study material, video tutorials explaining the test structure, strategies to solve them and much more. You can check out more details about this study package HERE.
Learning Korean can be tricky, especially when the goal of your learning is conversation. If you’ve ever attempted to speak Korean but were unable to, then hopefully you’ll find this post helpful.
Thank you for reading. If you have any questions or suggestions. Comment down below.