Today we'll be looking at the usage of " V ~다 보니까 " Korean grammar point with some examples.
This grammar pattern is used to express a realization after performing a continuous action. For example, if you want to say, "After eating frequently, I am able to eat spicy food well now", then you can say, "자꾸 먹다 보니까 이제 매운 음식도 잘 먹게 됬어요."
It is used when the action is repeatedly taking place and new information or state of affairs occurs in the following statement resulting from the preceding action.
Conjugation rule :
Remove 다 from the base form of the verb and add 다 보니까 after it.
Lets see some example sentences :
1. I missed the scent of coffee because I couldn't go to a cafe these days.
요즘 카페에 못 가다 보니까 커피 향기가 몹시 그리웠어요.
Here the speaker couldn't go to a cafe for a prolonged period of time and the action is being continued which resulted him missing the scent of coffee.
2. I gained a lot of weight because I kept eating hamburgers.
햄버거를 계속 먹다 보니까 살이 많이 쪘어요.
In the above sentence the speaker is continuing the action of eating burgers which resulted in gaining a lot of weight.
3. As I keep eating, everything happens.
먹고살다 보니까 별 일이 다 일어나네요.
4. After confessing only with red roses for hundreds of years, it seems not fun and somewhat cliche.
수백 년간 오직 빨간 장미로만 고백하다 보니까 재미가 없고 다소 진부해 보이기도 해요.
5. As I studied, it became 12 o'clock.
제가 공부하다 보니까 12시가 되었어요.
6. I learn a lot from making furniture with my friends.
가구를 친구들과 직접만들다 보니까 많은 것을 배웁니다