Recently I was working on creating an online basic Korean grammar course and for that I compiled a list of the most basic and most important Korean language particles, verb endings and connectors.
On this page, I am giving you the list of the most basic beginner level Korean Verb Endings. Whether you are just a beginner level Korean language learner or you are preparing for TOPIK I test, you must study and understand these connectors properly as these are very commonly used in day-to-day life written and spoken Korean. If you want you can also enroll in this course which has 50 video lectures explaining the most important Korean grammar particles, verb endings and connectors. I have also added a discounted coupon to the link for TOPIK GUIDE Readers. – Korean Grammar for Beginners – Course Enrollment Link.
- 입니다, 이에요/예요 – Is/am/are
- 있다 – To have, To exist and 없다 – Not to have, To not exist
- V + 아요/어요 or ㅂ니다/습니다 – Present tense verb ending
- V + 았어요/었어요 – Past Tense Verb Ending
- V + 겠어요 and V + (으)ㄹ 거예요 – Future Tense Ending
- V + 지 않아요/ 않았어요/않을 거예요 – Negative Verb Endings (Don’t, Didn’t, Won’t)
- V + 지 못 해요/ 했어요/할 거예요 – Negative Verb Endings (Can’t, Couldn’t, Won’t be able to)
- 안/못 + Verb안 + V + Ending = Do Not
못 + V + Ending = Cannot
- V + 죠/지요 Isn’t it? (used for confirmation)- 잖아요 – As you know/You know that …..
- V + 고 있다 – V + ing
- V + 고 싶다 – Want to V
- V+ (으)세요/십시오 – Please do.. / Making a Request
- V + 아/어 보다 – To try doing …
- V + 아/어 주다 – To do .. for someone
- Adj+아/어지다 To become/get …
- -(으)ㄹ 수 있다/없다 Can/Can’t
- -(으)ㄹ까요? – Shall we ..?
- -(으)ㅂ시다 – Let’s do ..
- V + 게 됐어요 – Happened to do
- V + 아야/어야 해요 and V + 아야/어야 돼요have to/ need to/ must Do ..
- -아도/어도 돼요 (It’s ok to …)(Asking for/granting permission)
-(으)면 돼요 (You just have to…), You can just do..
(으)려고 하다 Intend/Plan to do something
(으)기로 했어요 – Decided to do..
- ModifiersV + (으)ㄴ – Past
V + 는 – Present
V + (으)ㄹ – future
Adj. + (으)ㄴ
- V/Adj + Modifier + 것 같아요It seems like, looks like
- -라고/다고/자고/냐고 하다- Indirect Speech