Using Korean slang to your vocabulary is the perfect way to spice up your everyday Korean conversation by sounding more like locals. Korean slang phrases mentioned below is just a representation of how Koreans find interesting and rather funny ways to express certain situations.
Lets look at some of those popular Korean slang phrases :
- Are you pissed off? - 너 삐졌니?
- Leave me alone. - 놔둬!
- Awesome!! - 대박이다!!
- That is a masterpiece - 띵작이다 띵작 !
- Fast delivery - 총알배송 (Bullet delivery)
- Best recipe - 황금 레시피 (Golden recipe)
- Hot Americano - 뜨아 (Comes from 따뜻한 아메리카노 )
- Iced Americano - 아아 (Comes from 아이스 아메리카노)
- You got me. - 낚였어
- That's a lame joke. - 썰렁하군
- I drank too much. I don't remember anything - 나 필름 끊겼나바, 기억이 안나. (I film got cut. I don't remember anything.)
- You got overcharged/ripped - 너 바가지 썼어 (Someone made you wear a bucket.)
- I waited for long - 눈이 빠지도록 기다렸어 (I waited until my eyes fell out.)
- He definitely took a bribe - 분명히 사과상자 받았어 (He clearly received an apple box.)
- This is really good with rice - 이거 완전 밥도둑이다. (This is a rice thief.)
- My whole body aches. - 몸살에 걸려 온몸이 쑤신다.
- Did something and try to lie about it. - 닭 잡아먹고 오리발 내민다(Someone who eats chicken and give you a duck's foot/ Someone who does something and lies about it.)
- Your mouth is rough - 입이 거칠다
- None of your business./ Mind your own business. - 너나 잘 해 (Just do good to yourself.)
- Don't get on my nerves. - 내성질 건드리지 마
- He deserves it. Serves him right. - 쌤통이다
- You are wasting your time! - 삽질하네 (Someone doing the unnecessary work/shoveling)
- That place rocks! That place kicks! - 거기 물 좋다
- It's raining heavily outside - 하늘에 구멍이 뚫렸나? (Is there a hole in the sky?)
- This is so expensive - 무슨 금칠했나? (Did they paint it with gold?)
- That's just my pipe dream - 그림의 떡이야! (It's rice cake in a picture.)
- Stop! I heard enough - 그만 말해 ! 귀에 못이 박히도록 들었어 (Stop! I've been hearing till a nail stuck in my ear.)
- No matter where he goes, he'll do just fine. - 쟤는 어디가도 굶어죽진 않겠다 (No matter where he goes, he will never starve.)
- You won't be disappointed! 섭섭하지 않게 해드리겠습니다!
- That's piece of cake right. - 그건 식은 죽먹기죠. (That's simple as drinking 식"punch" and eating 죽"porridge".)
- Just wait and see! - 두고보자!
- What are friends for? - 친구 좋다는 게 뭐야?
- I feel good. - 몸이 날아갈 것 같애 (Feeling like flying high)
- Suit yourself. - 니 맘대로 하세요 (Do as you feel like.)
- I've still got it. - 아직 옛날 실력 안 죽었어 (Old skills hasn't died.)
- Don't take it personally. - 너 들으라고 한 소리 아냐.
- You should keep quiet. - 가만히 있으면 중간이나 가지 (If you do nothing, you can be at least average.)
- Your joking is going a little too far. - 장난이 좀 심하군
- Don't try to butter me up. - 알랑거리지마.
- 24 hours is not enough to finish my work - 할 일이 너무 많아 몸이 열 개라도 부족해( I have so much to do that even ten bodies would not be enough.)
To understand TOPIK Test structure, application process, Levels and Passing scores etc. check these pages:
- TOPIK – The Complete Guide & 2. TOPIK Levels and Passing Marks. You can also Practice Online with TOPIK GUIDE Mock Tests.
If you are going to take the TOPIK Test for the first time, or if you want to give your score a boost so that you can pass a higher level, we would strongly advise you to get the Complete Guide to TOPIK – Self-Study Package. It is a digital study package that has everything you need to get a great score in the TOPIK test – all the past TOPIK papers with answer sheets, grammar and vocabulary study material, video tutorials explaining the test structure, strategies to solve them and much more. You can check out more details about this study package HERE.
If you have any suggestions or questions. Comment down below.