We all know how pathetic the official TOPIK website is when it comes to user friendliness. Even simple tasks like checking your TOPIK result can be a pain in the neck. Every time the TOPIK results are announced we get hundreds of requests from our readers to check the TOPIK scores for them or send their certificates. As far as possible we try to check everyone’s score using the details sent by them. But printing and sending the certificates is not something we can do. This is supposed to be done by the test takers themselves or by the educational institution they registered through or TOPIK office in Seoul.
In this post we have prepared a step-by-step pictorial guide on how you can get your official TOPIK certificate/ transcript from TOPIK website.
- Open www.topik.go.kr website in Internet Explorer browser (this is very important. No other browser will work). Change some settings in the browser – Go to the Tools Menu and 1. Pop-up blocker – Turn off, 2. Uncheck ActiveX Filtering if it is checked. 3. Compatibility View Settings – Add www.topik.go.kr .
- From the menu select 성적증명서 발급 (which is the 4th item from left currently). Select the TOPIK Test that you took, enter your details (Test registration number and Date of Birth) and click on the 조화하기 button.
- Your result details will appear. Enter the number of certificates you want to print in the box and click 발급신청 (apply for printing) button. We are not 100% sure but probably first 2 certificates are free to print. After that you will have to pay 2000 Won every time you want to print the transcript.
- On the next screen the same details will appear but now the button will say 출력 (print) or 무료출력 (free print). Click this button and start praying because everything after this depends on your luck. 🙂 Seriously! Thanks to the 20th century coding behind Korean websites.
- Check if the browser is prompting any additional software or extension installation. If so, allow/install it. Just click ‘next’ or ‘OK’ buttons in any weird pop up that appears. And yes, keep praying. 🙂
- If you are lucky your TOPIK transcript should appear in a new window. Print it immediately as it can’t be saved in a disk or anything. Though some ‘Print as PDF’ software may work and convert it into a PDF which you can save and print later. The certificate printed from the website is considered as original as it has a unique bar code at the bottom.
- In case you have already printed all the free certificates you will see a 결제 (payment) button when you click 발급신청 (apply for printing). On clicking this button you will get the payment screen.
- ON this screen you get 3 payment method options – 신용카드 (Credit/Debit card), 실시간계좌이체 (Real-time bank transfer) and 가상 계좌 (Virtual bank account). In the second option you can transfer the amount right there in a pop up window or something while in the third option they give you a unique bank account to which you can transfer the money from any ATM machine or through your net banking account. The second and third options will probably work in Korea only.
All the best!!