What is EPS TOPIK?
EPS-TOPIK Test (also called KLT) is conducted by Ministry of Employment and Labor of South Korea for the selection of foreigner workers to work in Korean manufacturing units, construction sites, agriculture etc. It tests the language skills of potential foreign employees to make sure that they can perform their duties in Korea efficiently and can also lead their everyday life without any language problems.Based on the EPS-TOPIK score they make a list of eligible foreign job seekers who can then apply for jobs and get proper working visa(E-9).
Which Countries conduct EPS-TOPIK Exam?
Korea selects workers from countries like – Laos, Cambodia, China, Philippines, Mongolia, East Timor, Vietnam, Thailand, Indonesia, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Myanmar, Uzbekistan, Kyrgyzstan.
How many Times EPS is conducted in a year?
It can be conducted 1-3 times or more in a year depending on the requirements of foreign workers in Korea.
What is the Eligibility for EPS TOPIK?
- Person should be aged between 18 and 39
- Person should not have any criminal record in relation to serious offence punishable by imprisonment
- Person should not have any past records of deportation or departure under a departure order from the Republic of Korea
- Person should not be subject to travel ban in his/her home country
- Person should fulfil the eligibility requirements decided by both countries
What is the Structure of the EPS TOPIK Test?
EPS TOPIK Test duration is 70 Minutes and total marks are 200.
The Test has two sections – Listening and Reading.
Listening section of EPS TOPIK has 25 questions for 100 marks and the time for this section is 30 minutes.
Reading Section of EPS has 25 questions for 100 marks and the time for this section is 40 minutes.
All the questions are multiple choice where you have to choose one right answer out of 4 options.
The EPS TOPIK tests i) basic communication skills, ii) knowledge of words and phrases used in industry and iii) understanding of Korean business and work culture.
What is the Passing criteria?
You should get 80 out of 200 marks to pass but the final selection will be done depending on requirement and number of applicants.
What is the EPS TOPIK schedule in different countries/ When is EPS TOPIK conducted?
Below is the schedule of EPS TOPIK in 2018:
How to Check the EPS TOPIK Test Results?
EPS Results and the list of successful candidates can be checked on the following website:
What is the validity of EPS TOPIK Result?
2 years from the date of announcement of results.
After EPS TOPIK Test what’s the process of getting job in Korea?
Passing EPS-TOPIK gives you eligibility /qualification to apply for jobs in Korea. It does not guarantee employment in Korea.
- Steps of employment procedure:
- 1. EPS-TOPIK pass
- 2. Job application
- 3. Roster making and registration
- 4. Introducing foreign workers (Random)
- 5. Employment
Who is eligible for job application under EPS Korea?
The person should fulfil following criteria:
- Person aged between 18 and 40
- Person who passed EPS-TOPIK
- Person who fits for medical checkup decided by Korean government
- Person with no criminal record in relation to serious offence punishable by imprisonment
- Person who does not have previous record of deportation/eviction order from Korea
* Person who wants to make job application should have a valid passport prior to the job application
How to apply for job in Korea after selection in EPS Pool?
- Submit the designated Job Application Form to the Sending Agency in your country which appointed according to MOU concluded between Korea and sending country.
- Submit Job application form and necessary documents within the valid term of EPS-TOPIK (2 years)
※ If valid term of EPS-TOPIK(2 years) has expired, candidate need to pass EPS-TOPIK again
- ※ If a worker is not able to sign the labor contract within the valid term of roster(1 year), the worker can make job application again within the valid term of EPS-TOPIK