|Since 1993, the Korea Foundation has offered an annual fellowship program for Korean language training(KLT) for the general promotion and dissemination of the Korean language, which is the basis of promoting Korean studies and Korea-related activities overseas. In accordance with the guidelines listed below, the Foundation is currently accepting applications for its 2020 KLT program.|
|The KF Fellowship for Korean Language Training (KLT) program provides an opportunity for graduate students of Korean studies, Korean studies researchers and those working in Korea-related fields overseas to learn Korean in an intensive immersion program at a university in Korea for at least six months.|
|Number of Available Fellowship Awards|
|Approximately 40 per year|
|Those who are majoring in Korean studies (humanities, social sciences, and culture/arts), are currently involved in Korea-related research, or are working in a Korea-related field and correspond to one of the following profiles may apply for the KLT program. All those who apply must be able to understand and speak at least basic Korean.
※ Persons corresponding to any of the following profiles will NOT be considered for the fellowship:
– Korean citizen
– Individuals already studying or conducting research in Korea
– Individuals planning to enroll in a degree program at a higher educational institution in Korea
※ During the fellowship period, one may not register a degree program at a Korean university.
– Individuals who have received the KF Fellowship for Korean Language Training in 2 years
|Terms and Details of Program Support|
|1. Living expenses (paid on a monthly basis)
① Undergraduates, BA or MA degree holders or individuals with less than three years of
related career experience: KRW 1,000,000
② PhD candidates and those with at least three years of related career experience: KRW 1,200,000
2. Travel allowance: KRW 300,000 (one-time benefit)
3. Tuition and fees for learning institution
4. Health insurance (accident insurance and medical care insurance provided by a Korean insurance company)
|Language Education Institute|
|Korean Language Education Center at Sogang University|
|1. Application Period: July 1, 2019 12:00 p.m. to September 2, 2019 18:00 p.m.
(Korean Standard Time)
2. Notification of Results: December 2019
※ Notification date is subject to change without prior notice.
Applicants will be notified individually via e-mail.
3. Fellowship period: 6 months (minimum) to 1 year (maximum)
– Applicants may start their fellowship peirod in March or September 2020.
– If fellowship recipients demonstrate outstanding results, their fellowship period may be extended for up to two three-month periods, adding up to a maximum total period of 12 months.
– Applicants should participate in the fellowship program for at least 6 months.
《 Important Reminders for submission》
If you fail to submit any of the following, your application will be regarded as invalid.
– One PDF file may be uploaded per attachment category.
– Only scanned files (in PDF format) are valid. Image files will not be counted toward the application.
(Please do not upload pictures taken with your mobile phone.)
– Those who are selected as fellowship awardees may be requested by the KF to submit additional documentation.
– After applicants submit their online application, the online application system will automatically send e-mails to the referees whose e-mail addresses applicants have provided. Therefore, applicants should inform their referees about their request for a letter of recommendation before applying. (Both recommendations must be received during the application submission period in order for the application to be processed.)
|How to Apply|
|Applications should be submitted via the KF Online Application Portal (https://apply.kf.or.kr).
Click on the ‘Apply’ button at the bottom of this program announcement and complete the online application form.
《 Important Reminders for the Online Application》
– You must first register as member before applying.
– The ‘Apply’ button is only activated during the application period from July 1 to September 2, 2019).
– The application form must be completed in Englsih or Korean. All supporting documents must be in English or Korean or be accompanied by verbatim translations.
– Bibliographies or citations in any publications or dissertations included with the application must follow APA or MLA style.
– Click the ‘Temporary Save’ button whenever you make any changes to the application,
particularly when attaching supplemental documents.
– For supplementary documents, one PDF file may be uploaded per category.
|Fellowship recipients must progress one language level higher for each term of study. After the fellowship period has expired, the recipient must submit a final report of their results to the Foundation in accordance with a format provided by the KF.
|Important Reminders on Fellowship|
|1. In 2020, the institution at which fellowship recipients will take course is the Korean Language Education Center at Sogang University. Recipients cannot choose another institution.
2. Recipients must begin their fellowship periods in March or September 2020.
3. Recipients may not defer enrollment to the following year.
4. During the fellowship period, fellowship recipients may not receive support from another KF program or another institution.
5. During the fellowship period, recipients may not engage in any type of profit generating or remunerative activity.
6. All personal informations collected as part of your application will be used for the program ONLY and submitting the application will be regarded as your consent for collection of personal information.
7. The number of fellowship recipients is subject to change due to budgetary considerations.
|Inquiries about program: email@example.com
For questions regarding the online application portal: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Only Guide You Need to Pass TOPIK Test
Best Self-Study Material to Prepare for TOPIK Test