Today we'll be looking at the usage of "N/A/V-아/어도" Korean grammar pattern with some example sentences.
A connective ending used to imply that as the extent of the preceding statement becomes larger, that of the following statement also changes accordingly.
This grammar pattern can be used to express "The more you do (something) the more (something) happens.
Conjugation rule :
The verb stem ending with vowel is followed by ~ㄹ 수록.
The verb stem ending with the consonant is followed by ~을 수록.
Lets see some example sentences :
1.The sooner you do it, the better it will be.
빠를수록 더 좋다
2. The more you have, the more you want.
가지면 가질수록 더 갖고 싶다
3. The more I think, the less I understand.
생각하면 생각할수록 더 모르게 된다
4. As time goes by, the work becomes more difficult.
시간이 갈수록 일이 더 어려워진다
5. The larger the jewel, the more expensive it is.
보석은 크면 클수록 값이 비싸다.
6. The higher the mountain, the lower the temperature.
산은 높이 올라갈수록 기온이 떨어진다.
7. The younger you are, the more you should pay attention to nutrition.
어린아이일수록 영양 섭취에 신경을 써야 한다.
8. The closer and closer you are, the better you should be with each other.
친하고 가까운 사이일수록 서로 예의를 잘 지켜야 한다.
9. The deeper the mountain, the fresher the air and the clearer the water.
산이 깊을수록 공기도 상쾌하고 물도 맑았다.
10. The higher the status and wealth, the happier it is.
지위가 높고 재산이 많을수록 행복한 것은 아니다.
11.The more you are alone, the more lonely you become, so it is better to meet people.
혼자 있을수록 더욱 외로워지므로 사람들을 만나는 것이 좋다.
To understand TOPIK Test structure, application process, Levels and Passing scores etc. check these pages:
- TOPIK – The Complete Guide & 2. TOPIK Levels and Passing Marks. You can also Practice Online with TOPIK GUIDE Mock Tests.
If you are going to take the TOPIK Test for the first time, or if you want to give your score a boost so that you can pass a higher level, we would strongly advise you to get the Complete Guide to TOPIK – Self-Study Package. It is a digital study package that has everything you need to get a great score in the TOPIK test – all the past TOPIK papers with answer sheets, grammar and vocabulary study material, video tutorials explaining the test structure, strategies to solve them and much more. You can check out more details about this study package HERE.
Learning Korean can be tricky, especially when the goal of your learning is conversation. If you’ve ever attempted to speak Korean but were unable to, then hopefully you’ll find this post helpful.
Thank you for reading. If you have any questions or suggestions. Comment down below.